Wow! this is the day that I couldn't imagine 2 1/2 months ago. It's a happy/sad day. We both have such mixed emotions. We have loved the sales part, but the trip got long. We drove more than 10,000 miles.
We've actually been on the road for 11 weeks. During this time Jim and I have been together 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, except for brief moments while we were home in October for meetings. Thank goodness we like each other and are even friends!
Even when we weren't having a sale, we were at work, either by driving from one place to another, stocking the trailer, or doing paperwork. And if not any of the above, we lived in the truck (maybe 100 square feet) which meant that we still were at work.
The very best thing about this job was knowing that we were working for the Lord, by providing Christian books and healthy food.
And the second best thing was finding and making new friends. Jim found friends from when he was 5 and I found some from when I was 10. You know, that's 50 plus years ago.
Another plus with this job is finding out that we weren't too old to learn new things. Oh, how many things we learned. How many we still have to learn.
We're looking forward to the next few months. First we're going back to Kansas for Thanksgiving. I've never been away from my grandchildren this long before. I really miss them.
I'm anxious to get settled into my new house. You may remember that we didn't have time to do much unpacking before we left. After living in such a small area, we will probably get lost in this 2000 square foot house. Seems like a mansion.
We'll have to do an inventory on what's left on the truck. Then we'll be starting to get ready for our next trip. That will start sometime in March. Jim will have to make a new schedule (with more downtime) and we'll have to restock - again.
I'm seriously thinking about asking the Press to remodel the truck this winter too. Either we can build an upstairs or add a room on the passengers side. You know, a guest bedroom for when we have company. If they don't agree to that, then I want them to at least fix the places that it leaks when it rains. Having running water just isn't that important to me.
Thank you for joining us on our trip. I hope you enjoyed it with us. You'll never know how important it's been to us as you've kept contact with us and encouraged us in our travels. I've loved it when you've cared enough to contact us and see if we were okay if I didn't get around to writing in my blog for a few days.
The two biggest drawbacks to this job is how tired we get and loneliness. If we didn't find friends on the way and hear from you sometimes, I couldn't do it. Thank you, dear friends.
If you care to take another trip with us next year, our new blog address will be:
TravelAdventures09.blogspot.com
We have already created that site so you can bookmark it or put it into 'favorites' and then after the first of the year check it occasionally to see if we've started yet.
I would be interested in knowing who is reading my blog. I would like it if you would go into the comment section and just write your name. I need to know who to be nice to.
Until then, may the Lord bless and keep you. And I thank Him for the blessing of your friendship.
AND THEY LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER. . . . THE END
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment