We had to be on the road by 8:00 this morning to get to our first sale. It was rainy most the way.
Hamilton is a nice church. You could feel their unity. They were very friendly. We had a good sale.
I have very mixed feelings about the trip from Hamilton, MT to Salmon, ID. There's a BIG mountain between those towns. There were switch backs with 20 - 25 MPH speed limits (that should tell you a lot right there). I accidentally looked down once when I shouldn't have. You could see about four levels of road below us, not to mention the tops of other mountains. There was snow beside the road. Several times we saw lava flows on the mountains. In spite of my unreasonable fears, the Lord blessed us with a safe journey.
Once we got off that nasty mountain, I really enjoyed the rest of the trip. The rain had stopped, but it was still overcast. The colors were amazing. There aren't any Larch Pine trees here, just a vibrant green with black trucks. The contrast was fantastic. The yellow were more mustard colored and the reds were burgundy. And brown was brown. I tried getting a couple pictures, but it jut didn't do it justice.
It was interesting to notice that in Montana the cost of gasoline was $2.37 per gallon. Once we went over the boarder into Idaho, gasoline was $2.77. What's going on?
We had a small sale in Salmon. It feels 'right' to be back in Idaho again. Hard to believe that in 2 days we'll be home - even if it is for only 2 nights. But we're almost finished with this trip.
Monday, November 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment