Thursday, November 6, 2008

November 4 Meridian, ID

Today is the day! We're home again! I think it's going to be hard to leave again on Thursday.

We got home in time to find out that the election is over. The best thing about that is that we didn't have to listen to all the garbage with the campaigning. Not having access to the TV for two plus months is not a bad thing.

As soon as we got home, I put in a load of wash. I couldn't find where a place to put my quarters. Think of all the money I can save. Washers have been from $1.50 to $3.00 per load. I don't know how a family can afford not to have their own washers.

Today is a special day for us for another reason. 24 years ago today we moved to Idaho the first time. We love Idaho. It's such a great place to love. I like that fact that it's rare to have tornadoes and earthquakes. And there's usually low humidity since it's desert here and there are NO chiggers.

Our sale was in Pocatello today. The Church sets on the top of a hill that you need to turn in to. Kind of tricky, but we made it. The weather was showing off for us. In a five minutes time period, we had rain, sleet, snow and sunshine. The rain and sleet came down hard and fast, the snow was thick and the sunshine was bright. You had to be watching to see it all, it came and went so quickly. The drive home was long and boring. We had snow for a few minutes about half way - then just a long, dark road.

No comments: