Wednesday, September 17, 2008

September 14 El Paso, TX

We took a little time this morning to pay bills. We tried to get all our bills set up to pay online, but since we moved to Idaho such a short time before this trip, we didn't have time to get it all taken care of.

Our sale was in El Paso (that always makes me think of salsa). It was a 3 hour sale and we were wall - to - wall people the whole time. It's amazing how patiently they stand in line and wait. Jim saw some in the back that probably didn't move for an hour. No one could tell where the line started or ended. Even at the check out, it was hard to tell who I was waiting on at the time.

One couple that had been in line forever finally made it to the front around the end of the second hour. I'm not sure just how long that they were actually in line. When they got ready to check out, I told them that I had just closed! They had quite a stunned look on their face before they realized that I was teasing. Everyone was so wonderful!

The El Paso Church had a lunch fundraiser at the same time we were there, as a drawing card for the Bookmobile. I do believe that it worked! It was a BIG sale for us. We were sold out of so many things by the time everyone left. We still have another sale before we can restock again.

Our next stop is Abilene, which is about 8 - 10 hours away, so we started driving again. We stopped around 9:00, got a camp site, then went to work AGAIN. The trailer was a mess, books were not returned in their correct places, food was re-arranged and we had paperwork to do. we go to Keene, TX in a couple days to restock, so had to make out our shopping list. So we only worked until 1:00 AM. That gave me a 13 1/2 hour day and Jim got a couple more. And we have to get up early to start driving again. I'm tired.

No comments: