We drove up to Campion Academy this morning so we could leave the truck there while we spend a week in Idaho. While Jim was finding a place to park and be able to have electricity for the freezers, I found the Development Director and picked her brain about their alumni weekends. The more information I can get from several academies, the better we can make our alumni weekends at Enterprise.
We flew out of Denver into Boise. We went on a small Sky West plane. I think it was the smoothest flight we have ever had. But the landing was scary. As we came in, we almost touched down, then we noticed that we started back up. We circled the city, then came back and made a smooth landing. In those few minutes, you can imagine a million different things as to what is happening. You can also get a lot of prayers said too.
When we did land, the pilot said that there were other planes on our runway and he didn't think he had enough room to land. Smart guy! I appreciate him not trying to be the hero and land anyway.
Our daughter-in-law, Holly picked us up from the airport. Then we met Jeff and their daughter, Anabella, for supper. It's wonderful to be with family again.
It feels weird to be home. Of course, we only lived here about 5 weeks before we left, so it looks like home because it's our furniture, but it's still a little strange. I think this week may go way too fast.
Friday, September 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment