Tuesday, September 23, 2008

September 22 Pueblo, CO

I knew when we got to Pueblo, that there were people that I wanted to see. Pastor Wayne Nazarenus was also in my brothers class at Enterprise Academy. That makes 5 from the class of '66 that we've seen in the last 2 weeks, out of a class of 38.

Those of you who went to EA will probably remember the Slape family. I saw Naomi Slape and her daughter, Carleen Shanks.

When I was between 10 and 13, my folks had a nursing home in Abilene, KS. Naomi Slape as a nurse's aide at our home. The thing that I remember most, was that my mother's name is Naomi, Naomi Slape worked there and I am Naomi. I believe that it's against the law to have that many Naomi's in one place.

Probably the only other 2 Naomi's that I know,are married to guys named Jim. We worked with Jim and Naomi Babbs at the Press. And we worked with Jim and Naomi Speer when we were doing the travel business. How many Jim and Naomi's do you know?

Anyway, we went out for supper after the sale with Naomi, Carleen and her husband, Larry. It was fun and we had a great time catching up on days gone by.

Our sale was very good and the people were great, as usual. So many people thank us for coming. That's always so nice. It helps erase the too tired, overwhelmed feelings that creep up on us sometimes.

No comments: