Monday, September 15, 2008

September 9 Oklahoma City, OK

Actually we only drove half as much as we intended. We started driving at 5:30 A.M. (that's in the morning!) We got to the Conference Office/ABC around 11:30. Donald and his gang were wonderful. They had all the pre-orders packed and all the book orders ready for us. All Jim had to do was get the food and of course put it all in the truck. I didn't help much.

As son as we got there, I got sick. The exciting part about that was (and there's always good with the bad) that when I asked Jean in the ABC to refer me to a doctor, she took me into the Conference Office to find someone who knew the doctors in the area. Of all the people in the office that she could have taken me to, she took me to Linda Frick Fransisco. Linda and her husband Jack were school mates at Enterprise Academy. They were in the class behind me, with my brother, Danny. He was even best man in their wedding!

What a blessing Linda was to me. She took me to Urgent Care, then on to ER at the hospital. I'm okay, but will have to follow up with medical care in 2 weeks when we go back to Idaho for some meetings. God is so good!

Since our day got all messed up, we're behind schedule again. We planned on driving back to Amarillo. We'll just have to get an early start again tomorrow. We're staying in Oklamona City tonight.

No comments: