Monday, October 20, 2008

October 14 Huron, SD

My youngest granddaughter turned one today and I didn't get to see it! I would never have been a happy mother or grandmother a hundred years ago, when your child got married at 15, moved west and you never saw them or their families again. It's hard enough now, with a month or two between visits.

We had an interesting night last night. We were plugged into the Church outlet box. We kept throwing the breaker. Finally we gave up and slept without electricity. I'm so glad that we bought the extra quilt. It was cold. Sleeping was bad enough, but getting out of bed was BAD. Believe me, we can move fast when we are cold.

The people at the Huron Church are so wonderful. Most of their orders were pre-orders, which we encourage people to do. But everyone of them had a problem with the transfer process. No one got mad - they were just glad we came. I ray the Lord blesses their Church in a very big way. Actually He already has, with people like we saw today.

We're finding that RV camps close around Oct 15. The first one we found, closed a day early. The one we're in now closes tomorrow. From here we go north. They're telling us that North Dakota closes even earlier. Stay tuned, for the rest of the story!

No comments: