Monday, October 20, 2008

October 19 Grand Forks, ND

We had two sales today. The first was from 12 - 1:00 at Fargo and the second was from 4 - 6:00 at Grand Forks. Two sales in one day in one town too many. It always takes longer to get to the next town then Jim thought it would.

Last week I got an unexpected gift. A man came in the Bookmobile, stayed at least any hour and coughed the whole time. Thanks buddy! I've taken all kinds of anti-cold stuff, so I know I could be worse. I'm not coughing much, but I couldn't talk for awhile today. Jim was enjoying the silence. It was just a year ago at this time that I had pneumonia.

While I'm complaining, you might as well know that I fell getting in the back of the truck yesterday. There's a piece of floor that goes over the steps when you're not using them. I didn't get that piece down correctly. When I stepped on it, it flipped and did I. My head hit the wall, my arm caught on the fire extinguisher, and my leg on the steps. If the door hadn't been fastened correctly, I would still be bouncing down the highway. So I have bruises and bumps all over. I am thankful that I wasn't seriously hurt. You know at my age . . . .

No comments: