Monday, October 20, 2008

October 16 Hutchinson, MN

We had a noon sale at Watertown, SD. Then we did our banking and lunch. That was interesting. We put the bank in the GPS. When we got .3 mile away, we saw a big parking lot. Instead of trying to find a place at the last minute, drive around a couple blocks and still be .3 miles away, we decided to walk. We have very little time for walking, which we used to do daily. Well the GPS was wrong again. We probably walked 3/4 to 1 mile before we got there. And you should have seen all the parking places in between. The fresh air and exercise did feel good!

I tried 3 times to update my journal in the computer today. Just as I was ready to send it to the blog page, I lost telephone connection and therefore I lost my work. But I was just riding in the truck, so I didn't have anything else to do.

It's interesting to come to Maplewood Academy here in Hutchinson, MN. I've heard about this school since I was 15. My roommate in academy was Mavis Waller Oden who came from here. Also a classmate, Sandee Pierson Bales and her sister Marilee came from Minnesota too. And I've mentioned Lynette Carrick fairly recently. She came from here too.

When I got into MN, I called Lynette and said ""nana-nana-nana", I'm here and you aren't (or something very close to that). She got on the phone and called her brother and sister-in-law, who still lives here. They drove up just as we got here. They offered supper and a place to stay. We would have loved to do that, but knew we had a very full evening ahead.

We worked from 6:30 p.m. to 2:30 a.m. just getting the pre-orders ready. What a big job. Chad and Minday had a good start, but of course they have their own work to do too. Chad's grandfather is gravely ill, so he flew to TN to see him early today. And Mindy already had plans to leave town. She stayed long enough to show us where things are. I'm thinking that tomorrow won't be a short day either.

No comments: