We had a busy morning. I did four loads of wash and Jim worked in the trailer. We do keep busy.
We had a couple interesting experiences at our Jamestown sale. First, we got there an hour early, so we had time to eat a late lunch. We bought some potato salad yesterday so I put that and a sandwich on a plate for Jim. About two bites into his lunch, someone knocked on the door. He went outside to talk with this man. I don't know what I thought that he did with his plate of food, but I had no idea that he would put it where I set. And I did set in his potato salad. Disgusting! I'm having a hard time getting the yellow out of my beigh pants too.
Our truck is now a 'drive-through bookmobile'. About 90 minutes into the sale, a man drove up and parked right outside the door. At first I though he was waiting for the lady I was waiting on. She came back inside and told me that he wanted me to go out to him. He was looking for information on how to cook healthy for one. I sold him a cookbook on cooking for two (so he could cook once and eat twice). Then he kept talking about what he needed to learn about cooking and eating. He knows that Seventh-day Adventist live on the average 8 years longer because of their lifestyle and diet. He wanted to know more about that. He's not Adventist. So I sold him Dr. Diehl's Optimal Diet Cookbook. This book has far more than just receipts in it. He was real excited to get that book too. He said next time I see him, he wants me to call him 'Bones' cause he expects to loose 150 pounds.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment