Saturday, October 11, 2008

October 9 Gillette, WY

We stayed at a small RV Park at Glenrock. They didn't have a place big enough for us, so they let us park off the road and run our electric cord to a plug-in.

I decided to do a big laundry this morning, sheets and all. Imagine my disappointed surprise when I realized they only had 2 machines. I had to do my laundry like I do at home - one load at a time. That took all morning. But the good part was that Lynette Carrick, my friend in Kansas, called me. So we visited the whole time. I really enjoyed that. We got caught up on our lives and solved most of the world's problems.

We got to Gillette about an hour before our sale, so found our RV Park for tonight. The name is 'Crazy Women Campground'. I feel right at home!

Our sale was slow, but with big sales. It started raining about an hour into the sale, so I'm sure that slowed down our turnout.

The rain did create another problem or two. They were having some meetings at the Church. No one wanted to get wet, so 4 cars parked behind us and 2 in front. We had to go find the owners so we could leave.

While I was making the bed tonight, I realized that it must have rained harder than I thought. All the bedding by the wall was wet. Good, it leaks by the window. I'm impressed!

When we drove into town, we saw a couple gas stations with gas for $3.01. Sounds cheap, doesn't it? What's wrong with that picture?

It's going to be cold tonight. Hope our heater does it's job. Someone said they were expecting 5 - 6" of snow by this weekend. We had to wear jackets during our sale and hands were about frozen. Must be about time for us to go home.

Actually, we're finally more than half way on our trip. We only have the Dakota's, Montana, Idaho and Utah left. AND - we now have lived in this truck longer than we have lived in our house in Meridian, Idaho. There definitely is something wrong with that picture!!

No comments: